These are the echoing themes the LORD has been teaching me the past few weeks:
- do nothing out of fear
- do nothing out of pride
Do not plan out of fear.
Do not parent out of fear.
Do not speak, respond, lie, gossip, or even pray out of fear or pride.
Do not serve out of pride.
Do not give out of pride.
Do not read or teach, journal or blog, shop or save out of pride or fear.
Do not eat, drink, sleep, exercise, or dress out of pride or fear.
Do not cook or clean out of pride or fear.
Do not organize, hoard, de-clutter, or re-decorate out of pride or fear.
Do NOTHING out of fear!!!
Do NOTHING out of pride!!!
- “…whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” 1 Cor. 10:31
- “…whatever is not from faith is sin.” Rm. 14:23
Do EVERYTHING in faith and humility!!!!
I am not at the mercy of “fate/chance” (the god of the Godless). I am not at the mercy of “the powers that be”, the “evil in this world”, or “Mother Nature” (modern idols/gods aka governments/trends/economies/natural forces). I am not even at the mercy of my own ability (the ultimate idol of self = pride).
I am at the mercy of the One True, Living, Sovereign, All-Powerful, Loving, Gracious, Holy, Long-Suffering, Just, and Faithful God of the Universe who is my Father and Friend.
- “Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.” Ps. 20:7
My life is part of a bigger story, and the details are significant… not only to me and the people my life immediately touches, but also to Him and His purposes.
So I will trust Him. I will choose faith and reverence. I will worship and obey the moment by moment promptings of the Holy Spirit.
- “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear…” 1 Jn. 4:18
The answer to all the “what ifs” of this life is FAITH. I will believe God, His Word, His promises, His character.
- …the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace…
- for you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!” …
- for I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us…
- for in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it...
- in the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness…
- and we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose...
- what then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? …
- who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?…
- but in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.
- for I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8)
While I wait to see how the details of the now and tomorrow unfold into the “eternally-happily-ever-after story” God has written for me, I will rest, trust, and obey in faith and humility.