Main Challenge for Summer 2015 – Spring 2016 –
Read all four gospels
- You could read them in order, one at a time, or you could read all four gospels together using a chronological reading plan or a chronological Bible. (suggested tool: An Analytical Red Letter Harmony of the Four Gospels – Floyd Nolen Jones, available free for download in several places on-line and can also be ordered in a hard copy. Jones breaks his outline into 277 sections, perfect for daily very short readings. This is a wonderful resource!!!)
- If your time is especially limited, chose just one gospel to read.
Take your time, focusing on a few verses, a parable, miracle, or portion of a sermon. Each day:
- begin with PRAYER – “LORD, speak to me…” and for the other ladies that are attending this retreat (or those you share fellowship with and pray for regularly)
- In a journal that you can dedicate to this study, write out the verse or phrase that most resonates with you and why, and what truth or lesson you learned or application you are taking with you from this passage
- Write out a brief prayer in response to what you read.
If you only have time for one challenge, this is the one I hope you will do!
“Grace, mercy and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.” – 2 John v.3
As always, everything is optional. There’s only grace and truth here; so have fun and enjoy the journey! — I am praying for you!